Uniquely constructed in the late 1970s and having only had one owner from new, this fantastically positioned, detached bungalow offers an abundance of size and space throughout.
Situated in the quaint village of Higher Odcombe and offering a detached oversized garage, utility room, conservatory, separate cloakroom, master ensuite, field views and a brilliant resin driveway, this CHAIN FREE property is a must view.
Entering the property through the glazed porch the first reception room you enter was used as the dining room.
This room is carpeted with a window to the front aspect, has coving, wall lights, ceiling fan, loft hatch with loft ladder and is part boarded.
The cloakroom has a window to the front and a WC.
The lounge is carpeted with a window to the front aspect, patio doors leading into the conservatory, coving, gas fireplace with tiled hearth, wall lights and a floor fitted light box with toughened glass for that individual look.
The kitchen has a window to the rear and comprises of matching wall and base units, nearly new level double oven, built in hob, space for an under counter fridge, tiled splash backs, roll top work surfaces, stainless steel sink and separate drainer.
The carpeted utility room has a window to the rear, boiler, stainless steel sink and drainer, coving, space for a washing machine, space for a tumble dryer, space for a free standing fridge/freezer and door to the conservatory.
The light and bright conservatory has triple aspect windows, patio doors to the side, carpeted and lovely views of open fields.
The master bedroom has tile effect flooring with a window to the front, coving and a door to the ensuite.
The master ensuite is fully tiled with a window to the side, internal high level window, corner shower, WC, vanity wash hand basin, double chrome heated towel rail and an extractor fan.
Bedroom two has wood effect flooring and a window to the rear with lovely field views.
Bedroom three/study is carpeted with a window to the rear again enjoying the further views.
The family bathroom has tile effect flooring, bath with shower over, chrome heated towel rail, extractor fan, high level internal window, pedestal wash hand basin and fully tiled walls.
To the front of the property is a brilliant resin bound driveway which is only a few years old. The property is gated with double metal gates and is fully enclosed to the front.
The detached oversized garage has an electric roller door, pedestrian door to the front, light, power, overhead storage space and a window to the side.
The southerly aspect rear garden is a mixture of patio areas, lawned areas, mature shrubs and mature trees. There is a wooden shed, outside light, outside tap, disused oil tank, raised beds, access to the stream via steps and lovely open field views.
The property benefits from mains gas with the boiler having been installed in Oct 2019
Electric roller door on garage installed May 2019
Windows all replaced May 2019
Resin driveway laid in May 2019
Old oil tank is still located at the property but is not in use.
We are advised that the conservatory has had extra concrete added to the footings.
Please Read - COVID-19 Health and safety measures:: - Prior to viewings we will make specific arrangements to ensure minimal contact with all parties involved.
- Government guidelines state that we should only be conducting physical viewings with potential buyers who are seriously interested. To facilitate this we will be qualifying any potential buyers ability to be able to proceed and their financial situation by requesting up to date proof of their ability to purchase to ensure that any lender criteria or circumstance which may have changed due to COVID-19.
- All viewers should be using protective masks, gloves and equipment in line with government guidelines. Not doing so may result in your viewing being cancelled or refused entry.
- Only a maximum of 2 people are permitted to view and these parties should only be named parties intending to purchase the property.
- We may ask all viewers whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate and be especially careful for vulnerable groups, including those who are pregnant, aged 70 or over, or who have a long-term health condition.
- We will be applying social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart and instructing all viewers and clients to do the same.
- We advise viewers to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser and avoid touching surfaces.
- Government guidelines state that properties should be cleaned before and after viewings therefore we are unable to hold open days or facilitate multiple consecutive viewings. As a consequence this will mean that if there are multiple viewings booked on a property then we will have to arrange them subject to the vendors cleaning process and the time it will take them to be able to stage further viewings. This could result in circumstances where some viewers will have to wait several days for a viewing.
- During the waiting period it is also possible the vendor will decide to accept an offer from an interested party.
- Viewers are also urged to read and abide by the government advice on moving home.
AGENTS NOTE:: Evolve Estate Agents market homes from Yeovil to Chard and are available for appointments with buyers and sellers from 8am-8pm including Saturdays and Sundays. Our Yeovil office is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Please note that once an offer is placed on a property and prior to removing a property from the market we will require the following where applicable:
The full name and contact details of any buyers involved.
Your estate agents contact details.
Proof of ability to purchase including a valid agreement in principle from a mortgage lender/broker and proof of any deposit.
Confirmation of which solicitor you are using including who is acting specifically for you and their contact details.
In addition, due to current Money Laundering regulations, we must carry out customer due diligence which means taking steps to identify our customers and checking they are who they say they are. In practice this means obtaining a customer's proof of identity. We will require at least two forms of identity including a photograph and a proof of address.
DISCLAIMER:: These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general guideline and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Any virtual our video tours will only be available whilst the property is For Sale. Intending purchasers shouldn't rely on them as statements of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. Please note that we have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services including heating and so cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Solicitors should confirm moveable items described in the sales particulars and, in fact, included in the sale since circumstances do change during the marketing or negotiations. Although we try to ensure accuracy, any measurements that are used in this listing are approximate and usually at the maximum width or length of the room. Therefore if intending purchasers need accurate measurements for any reason then they should take such measurements themselves. Photographs are produced for general information and it must not be inferred that any items which happen to be in the photographs are included in the sale.