Set in the sought after location of The Borough in the heart of Montacute, this four bedroom beautiful CHAIN FREE Hamstone property which was the old village bakery with stunning walled garden is a must view. This lovely home boasts off road parking, two reception rooms, two bathrooms and two handy outbuildings which are currently used as storage sheds.
This house used to be the old bakery for the village and still has some of the original bread ovens dotted around along with other beautiful character features throughout.
To the front of the property are the parking spaces.
Entering the property through the entrance hall, the spacious lounge has wooden flooring, exposed beams, stone fireplace, window to the front with a carved wooden window seat, door to the rear, door to the rear hall and a set of double doors to the second reception room.
The second reception room is carpeted, has a stunning inglenook fireplace, wall lights, window to the front aspect, exposed beams, exposed stone and a door to the kitchen/dining room.
The 27ft long kitchen/dining room has dual aspect windows to the side and rear, door to the side, built in high level oven and grill, built in hob, matching wall and base units, tiled splash backs, dual bowl sink and drainer, extractor fan and has multiple space for appliances.
From the lounge the rear hall houses a carpeted set of stairs with wooden banisters, window and door to the side, an under stairs storage cupboard and a door leading into the bathroom.
The downstairs bathroom has a window to the side and is fitted with tiled flooring, part tiled walls, a pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail, bath, storage cupboard, WC and has a wonderful and original feature bread oven.
To the first floor is a landing which is carpeted, airing cupboard, separate double wardrobe and a loft hatch with ladder leading to a sizeable roof space.
The master bedroom is carpeted, with a window to the side, storage area over the stairs and a fantastic rear door leading out to its own private balcony area.
Bedroom two is carpeted, has a window to the front, built in cupboards and built in wardrobes.
Bedroom three is carpeted and has a window to the front.
The fourth bedroom has a window to the rear overlooking the lovely garden, built in wardrobes and storage cupboards.
The shower room comprises of a tile effect flooring, tiled walls, double shower cubicle, heated towel rail, WC, vanity sink, extractor fan and a shaver point.
The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with two patio areas, outside lights, two stone outbuildings, mature shrubs, mature trees, potting borders, outside tap, old bread ovens and is all fully enclosed by beautiful stone walls.
The two stone outbuildings both have light and power with one having a side access door through next door which gives the property rear access.
The property is Grade II listed and chain free.
There is gas fired central heating.
Right of way across next doors rear garden for rear access.
Please Read - COVID-19 Health and safety measures:: - Prior to viewings we will make specific arrangements to ensure minimal contact with all parties involved.
- Government guidelines state that we should only be conducting physical viewings with potential buyers who are seriously interested. To facilitate this we will be qualifying any potential buyers ability to be able to proceed and their financial situation by requesting up to date proof of their ability to purchase to ensure that any lender criteria or circumstance which may have changed due to COVID-19.
- All viewers should be using protective masks, gloves and equipment in line with government guidelines. Not doing so may result in your viewing being cancelled or refused entry.
- Only a maximum of 2 people are permitted to view and these parties should only be named parties intending to purchase the property.
- We may ask all viewers whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate and be especially careful for vulnerable groups, including those who are pregnant, aged 70 or over, or who have a long-term health condition.
- We will be applying social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart and instructing all viewers and clients to do the same.
- We advise viewers to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser and avoid touching surfaces.
- Government guidelines state that properties should be cleaned before and after viewings therefore we are unable to hold open days or facilitate multiple consecutive viewings. As a consequence this will mean that if there are multiple viewings booked on a property then we will have to arrange them subject to the vendors cleaning process and the time it will take them to be able to stage further viewings. This could result in circumstances where some viewers will have to wait several days for a viewing.
- During the waiting period it is also possible the vendor will decide to accept an offer from an interested party.
- Viewers are also urged to read and abide by the government advice on moving home.
AGENTS NOTE:: Evolve Estate Agents market homes from Yeovil to Chard and are available for appointments with buyers and sellers from 8am-8pm including Saturdays and Sundays. Our Yeovil office is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Please note that once an offer is placed on a property and prior to removing a property from the market we will require the following where applicable:
The full name and contact details of any buyers involved.
Your estate agents contact details.
Proof of ability to purchase including a valid agreement in principle from a mortgage lender/broker and proof of any deposit.
Confirmation of which solicitor you are using including who is acting specifically for you and their contact details.
In addition, due to current Money Laundering regulations, we must carry out customer due diligence which means taking steps to identify our customers and checking they are who they say they are. In practice this means obtaining a customer's proof of identity. We will require at least two forms of identity including a photograph and a proof of address.
DISCLAIMER:: These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general guideline and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers shouldn't rely on them as statements of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. Please note that we have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services including heating and so cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Solicitors should confirm moveable items described in the sales particulars and, in fact, included in the sale since circumstances do change during the marketing or negotiations. Although we try to ensure accuracy, any measurements that are used in this listing are approximate and usually at the maximum width or length of the room. Therefore if intending purchasers need accurate measurements for any reason then they should take such measurements themselves. Photographs are produced for general information and it must not be inferred that any items which happen to be in the photographs are included in the sale.