Hidden away at the end of a cul-de-sac sits this very well presented two double bedroom semi-detached 50% shared ownership home.
Boasting a block paved driveway, downstairs cloakroom, open plan living area and the added bonus of being CHAIN FREE.
Entering the property the hallway has tiled flooring, window to the side and carpeted stairs rising to the first floor.
The lounge area has tiled flooring with a window to the front aspect, coving and an under stairs storage cupboard.
The kitchen area has tiled flooring, matching wall and base units, stainless steel sink and drainer, window to the rear, cooker hood, roll top work surfaces, chrome hob splashback, built in hob, built in oven, built in fridge/freezer, built in dishwasher and a built in washing machine.
The rear hall has tiled flooring and a door leading to the rear garden and another leading into the downstairs cloakroom.
The downstairs cloakroom has a window to the side, WC, sink, tile effect flooring and an extractor fan.
To the first floor is a landing which is carpeted, has an airing cupboard, wooden banisters and a window to the side.
The master bedroom has wood effect flooring with a window to the front aspect, built in double wardrobe, built in storage cupboard, TV and telephone point.
Bedroom two also has wood effect flooring, TV point and a window to the rear aspect overlooking views over fields.
The family bathroom comprises of tile effect flooring, WC, pedestal wash hand basin, extractor fan, bath with mixer taps, glass shower screen, shaver point, window to the rear and is part tiled.
The fully enclosed rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a patio area, outside tap, outside light, air source heat pump, side access gate and a metal shed. To the side of the property is a block paved driveway.
Shared Ownership Requirements:
As per the terms of the lease, any prospective purchaser of the share will need to be assessed by ourselves before agreeing the sale. As such they will need to:
Complete an application online via.helptobuyagent3.org.uk
Complete a financial assessment to with one of our approved Financial Advisers.
They will also need to be approved buy the Community Land Trust Committee that own the Freehold. They will require a local connection to the Norton Sub Hambon or surrounding areas (this includes living or working)
Once the purchaser’s application has been assessed as being eligible for the scheme and the purchase is affordable, we will then be able to formally agree the sale.
Deposit starts at £5,625
Minimum household Income £31,828
Local connection to South Somerset Required
93 Years remaining on Lease
Monthly Rent - £192.40
Monthly Service charge £41.52
Subletting is not permitted in shared ownership properties. If you secure a purchaser for 100%, subletting may be allowed, but this will depend on any restrictions in the lease. We recommend you contacting us prior to agreeing a sale if there are any queries regarding subletting.
Â Leaseholders need to get permission for pets from the Leasehold team
Â An applicant needs to be approved by an external Community Land Trust Committee, then will need to show evidence of their local connection.
Â The sale can only be agreed at the price of the RICS valuation report and this cannot be negotiated.
Â The freehold cannot be acquire as we do not own the freehold
Â Any applicant wishing to purchase higher than 80% will need to seek legal advice on whether they can do so or not due to the restrictions placed in the Section 106.
Please Read - COVID-19 Health and safety measures:: - Prior to viewings we will make specific arrangements to ensure minimal contact with all parties involved.
- Government guidelines state that we should only be conducting physical viewings with potential buyers who are seriously interested. To facilitate this we will be qualifying any potential buyers ability to be able to proceed and their financial situation by requesting up to date proof of their ability to purchase to ensure that any lender criteria or circumstance which may have changed due to COVID-19.
- All viewers should be using protective masks, gloves and equipment in line with government guidelines. Not doing so may result in your viewing being cancelled or refused entry.
- Only a maximum of 2 people are permitted to view and these parties should only be named parties intending to purchase the property.
- We may ask all viewers whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate and be especially careful for vulnerable groups, including those who are pregnant, aged 70 or over, or who have a long-term health condition.
- We will be applying social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart and instructing all viewers and clients to do the same.
- We advise viewers to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser and avoid touching surfaces.
- Government guidelines state that properties should be cleaned before and after viewings therefore we are unable to hold open days or facilitate multiple consecutive viewings. As a consequence this will mean that if there are multiple viewings booked on a property then we will have to arrange them subject to the vendors cleaning process and the time it will take them to be able to stage further viewings. This could result in circumstances where some viewers will have to wait several days for a viewing.
- During the waiting period it is also possible the vendor will decide to accept an offer from an interested party.
- Viewers are also urged to read and abide by the government advice on moving home.
AGENTS NOTE:: Evolve Estate Agents market homes from Yeovil to Chard and are available for appointments with buyers and sellers from 8am-8pm including Saturdays and Sundays. Our Yeovil office is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Please note that once an offer is placed on a property and prior to removing a property from the market we will require the following where applicable:
The full name and contact details of any buyers involved.
Your estate agents contact details.
Proof of ability to purchase including a valid agreement in principle from a mortgage lender/broker and proof of any deposit.
Confirmation of which solicitor you are using including who is acting specifically for you and their contact details.
In addition, due to current Money Laundering regulations, we must carry out customer due diligence which means taking steps to identify our customers and checking they are who they say they are. In practice this means obtaining a customer's proof of identity. We will require at least two forms of identity including a photograph and a proof of address.
DISCLAIMER:: These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general guideline and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers shouldn't rely on them as statements of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. Please note that we have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services including heating and so cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Solicitors should confirm moveable items described in the sales particulars and, in fact, included in the sale since circumstances do change during the marketing or negotiations. Although we try to ensure accuracy, any measurements that are used in this listing are approximate and usually at the maximum width or length of the room. Therefore if intending purchasers need accurate measurements for any reason then they should take such measurements themselves. Photographs are produced for general information and it must not be inferred that any items which happen to be in the photographs are included in the sale.