Set in an idyllic part of the Somerset countryside this perfectly positioned 2/3 bedroom cottage lies in the magnificent Barwick House grounds and is a real hidden gem.
With off street parking and the ability to explore the beautiful 22 acre grounds wrapping around this property, viewing is a must.
Treacle Cottage sits in the grounds of Barwick House which comprise of around 22 acres of stunning countryside with woodland, landscaped gardens and rolling fields. The double electric gates take you down a scenic driveway leading to Barwick House itself, the property is found to the right of the house set back off the road.
Entering the property the dual aspect kitchen/dining room has a very homely feel with exposed beams, stained glass internal window, bespoke kitchen with tiled splash backs, under stairs cupboards, ceramic one and a half bowl sink and drainer, tiled flooring and carpeted stairs rising to the first floor.
The beautiful lounge has a sizeable log burner at its heart. This dual aspect room is light and bright, with a rear door, wall lights, exposed beams and a door to the inner hallway.
The inner hallway houses a door to the downstairs bathroom and a cupboard which has space for stacked washing machine and tumble dryer.
This bathroom is fitted with a roof light, WC, pedestal wash hand basin, bath with shower over and is complete with tiled walls.
The study/third bedroom has a window to the rear and a door exiting onto a patio area.
To the first floor is a carpeted landing which has a window to the rear, loft hatch and two internal frosted windows into the bathroom.
The master bedroom is carpeted, has a window to the front, double doors leading out to a balcony, sink with tiled surround and a shaver point.
The balcony enjoys beautiful views over the mature gardens and has metal railings.
Bedroom two is carpeted, has dual aspect windows, telephone point, TV point, wash hand basin with tiled surround and an airing cupboard. The family bathroom has tiled flooring and comprises of two internal frosted windows, a bath, extractor fan, WC, pedestal wash hand basin, shaver point and is part tiled.
The property further benefits from two allocated, named parking spaces plus visitors spaces.
Barwick House is well located for easy access to Yeovil whilst being positioned in a tucked-away spot close to Barwick village.
Within the village, and the neighbouring village of Stoford, amenities include a primary school, pub, country house hotel with restaurant and church with a regular bus service in operation. The commercial centre of Yeovil is within easy reach with a wide variety of shopping, leisure and health care facilities whilst the popular market town of Sherborne offers more artisan, individual shopping, dining and entertainment experiences.
Local transport links include the A37 and the A303 trunk road within easy reach of Barwick. Rail travel consists of a mainline station accessible within 1 mile, offering regular services to London (Waterloo) and Exeter whilst slightly further afield, trains operate from Yeovil Penn Mill Station to Bristol and Bath.
£96.50pcm for ground maintenance.
The property is on oil central heating.
Please Read - COVID-19 Health and safety measures::
- Prior to viewings we will make specific arrangements to ensure minimal contact with all parties involved.
- Government guidelines state that we should only be conducting physical viewings with potential buyers who are seriously interested. To facilitate this we will be qualifying any potential buyers ability to be able to proceed and their financial situation by requesting up to date proof of their ability to purchase to ensure that any lender criteria or circumstance had has changed due to Coronavirus.
- All viewers should be using protective masks, gloves and equipment in line with government guidelines. Not doing so may result in your viewing being cancelled or refused entry.
- Only serious buyers in a position to proceed will be permitted to view (with a maximum of 2 people). This means that we will not be conducting viewings with any relatives, friends or people of which the property will not be potentially purchased in their name.
- We may ask all viewers whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate and be especially careful for vulnerable groups, including those who are pregnant, aged 70 or over, or who have a long-term health condition.
- We will be applying social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart and instructing all viewers and clients to do the same.
- We advise viewers to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser and avoid touching surfaces.
- Government guidelines state that properties should be cleaned before and after viewings therefore we are unable to hold open days or facilitate multiple consecutive viewings. As a consequence this will mean that if there are multiple viewings booked on a property then we will have to arrange them subject to the vendors cleaning process and the time it will take them to be able to stage further viewings. This could result in circumstances where some viewers will have to wait several days for a viewing.
- During the waiting period it is also possible the vendor will decide to accept an offer from an interested party.
- Viewers are also urged to read and abide by the government advice on moving home.
AGENTS NOTE:: Evolve Estate Agents market homes from Yeovil to Chard and are available for appointments with buyers and sellers from 8am-8pm including Saturdays and Sundays. Our Yeovil office is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Please note that once an offer is placed on a property and prior to removing a property from the market we will require the following where applicable:
The full name and contact details of any buyers involved.
Your estate agents contact details.
Proof of ability to purchase including a valid agreement in principle from a mortgage lender/broker and proof of any deposit.
Confirmation of which solicitor you are using including who is acting specifically for you and their contact details.
In addition, due to current Money Laundering regulations, we must carry out customer due diligence which means taking steps to identify our customers and checking they are who they say they are. In practice this means obtaining a customer's proof of identity. We will require at least two forms of identity including a photograph and a proof of address.
DISCLAIMER:: These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general guideline and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers shouldn't rely on them as statements of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. Please note that we have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services including heating and so cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Solicitors should confirm moveable items described in the sales particulars and, in fact, included in the sale since circumstances do change during the marketing or negotiations. Although we try to ensure accuracy, any measurements that are used in this listing are approximate and usually at the maximum width or length of the room. Therefore if intending purchasers need accurate measurements for any reason then they should take such measurements themselves. Photographs are produced for general information and it must not be inferred that any items which happen to be in the photographs are included in the sale.